- Bosnian genocide 20 years after
- ‘A Dreadful Deceit’ and unceasing rebellion
- Capitalism's political and economic degeneracy
- Québec election the 'dirtiest campaign'
- Cambodian massacre
- Language and death in Juárez
- McKibben's "The End of Nature"
- Praxis en America Latina #8
- Canada’s First Nations against fracking
Tag Archives: Patriot Act
The media has been awash with articles on U.S. government surveillance since the bombshell revelations by Edward J. Snowden. The data mining by large U.S. corporations gets less attention. It relies not only on sophisticated electronic devices, but on the currency of fear and sheer intimidation which would make a Big Brother tyrant proud. Continue reading