- Ukraine: Biggest East-West crisis in decades
- Locked out Minnesota musicians return
- In memoriam: Freedom fighter Alisar Iram
- McKibben's Eaarth: New vision or neo-Malthusian attack on freedom?
- Detroit says, ‘Water is a Human Right!
- Thatcher is dead, Thatcherism persists
- In ecosocialist debates on Marx and Malthus
- Readers' Views, Nov.-Dec. 2013, Part 1
- Racism in Arizona
- Communization theory's missing link: dialectical mediation; what happens after
Tag Archives: Patriot Act
The media has been awash with articles on U.S. government surveillance since the bombshell revelations by Edward J. Snowden. The data mining by large U.S. corporations gets less attention. It relies not only on sophisticated electronic devices, but on the currency of fear and sheer intimidation which would make a Big Brother tyrant proud. Continue reading