- McKibben's "The End of Nature"
- Django Unchained
- Marxism and the U.S. Civil War
- Bosnian genocide 20 years after
- Violence 'normalized'
- New biographies reflect Karl Marx's todayness
- Reading Marx’s Critique of the Gotha Program
- Chinua Achebe (1930-2013) and his legacy
- Ukraine and Bosnia: historic uprisings
Monthly Archives: January 2011
I’ve been hearing from friends in Memphis about a series of events carried out by the FBI, the Memphis Police Department tactical squad, and Shelby County Sheriff’s deputies on Tuesday, Jan. 25. In short, the day of a gathering at … Continue reading
Hazel Johnson, one of the most important fighters against environmental racism in the U.S., died Jan. 12. She began organizing in 1979 with other African-American residents of the Altgeld Gardens public housing project on the South Side of Chicago. Initially, … Continue reading