- Indignant Heart and Charles Denby's self-development as worker-editor
- McKibben's "The End of Nature"
- Women's freedom, the religion of the oppressors, and the religion of the oppressed: Sharia law, the Catholic hierarchy, and the Religious Right
- Chinua Achebe (1930-2013) and his legacy
- Reading Marx’s Critique of the Gotha Program
- After the election: How do we oppose Trump’s fascism and move forward?
Monthly Archives: October 2011
Occupy Chicago! Occupy Wall Street! Occupy Kalamazoo! Occupy the United States! Where do we go from here?
Update: This was an announcement of an event that is now past. For articles on the topic, please see: ‘You can’t evict an idea whose time has come!’: The Occupy movement defies police state attacks and Occupy Wall Street strikes deep … Continue reading
The Marxists Internet Archive has added another interesting piece to their Raya Dunayevskaya Archive. There’s a post about it here: A Letter to Natalia Trotsky on the Theory of State Capitalism
All taken today. Main website is http://occupychi.org/ My photos Terry Moon’s photos
From the September-October 2011 issue of News & Letters: Readers’ Views Contents: REVOLUTION AND COUNTER-REVOLUTION: ARAB SPRING AS CROSSROADS IN HISTORY KARL MARX AND WILLIAM SHAKESPEARE REMEMBERING CHRISTINA SANTIAGO THELONIOUS MONK CANADA AS ‘CONTESTATAIRE’ SOCIETY MAN-MADE DISASTERS: NUCLEAR POWER AND WORLD WAR … Continue reading
From the September-October 2011 issue of News & Letters: G-8/NATO vs. Chicago Chicago–In a first, both the G-8 and NATO summits will be held in Chicago at the same time, May 15-22, 2012. Chicago’s Police Superintendent Garry McCarthy has already threatened … Continue reading
From the September-October 2011 issue of News & Letters: Permanent army of the unemployed Detroit–The unemployment crisis is reaching far into the future. Whereas many government and private economists have been predicting that the economy will pick up in the … Continue reading