- Indignant Heart and Charles Denby's self-development as worker-editor
- McKibben's "The End of Nature"
- Women's freedom, the religion of the oppressors, and the religion of the oppressed: Sharia law, the Catholic hierarchy, and the Religious Right
- Chinua Achebe (1930-2013) and his legacy
- Reading Marx’s Critique of the Gotha Program
- After the election: How do we oppose Trump’s fascism and move forward?
Monthly Archives: December 2013
Readers’ Views from the Nov.-Dec. 2013 N&L: SYRIA AND WORLD POLITICS; WARS PAST AND PRESENT; PHILOSOPHY AND MASSES; PRISONERS READ & SPEAK Continue reading
Remembering Albert Murray, who set out a vision of the African American as the representative “American,” of Black freedom as the soul of this nation’s culture. Continue reading
From the November-December 2013 issue of News & Letters: Solidarity with Guantanamo hunger strikers London, England—Some found it strange that a man voluntarily stopped eating for over 20 days. I found it hard. After all, I like to eat as … Continue reading
From the November-December 2013 issue of News & Letters: No to Monsanto! Protesters in Nashville, Tenn., in one of the 400 demonstrations of the second Global March against Monsanto on Oct. 12. Protests were held in 52 countries on all … Continue reading