- Django Unchained
- Recollections of Leon Trotsky on the 70th anniversary of his assassination
- McKibben's "The End of Nature"
- Fanon and Marx
- The 200th anniversary of Hegel's absolute method
- Violence 'normalized'
- Iran--philosophy and organization
- After the election: How do we oppose Trump’s fascism and move forward?
Monthly Archives: April 2014
Readers’ Views from the March-April 2014 issue of News & Letters, part 2. Continue reading
Readers’ Views from the March-April 2014 issue of News & Letters, part 1. Continue reading
Cops beat deaf man in Hawthorne, Calif.; Assad’s forces torment man with Down Syndrome in Syria; South Carolina abuses mentally ill prisoners; disabled Chicago woman illegally evicted. Continue reading
People shared stories about their experiences with Medicaid, the minimum wage, disability rights, and talked about the importance of seeing the human side of issues. The only things the legislators would say was that “revenues were the problem.” Continue reading
Few people relish pollution tourism and fewer still can so appropriately express their disgust and delight as Andrew Blackwell in “Visit Sunny Chernobyl: And Other Adventures in the World’s Most Polluted Places.” Continue reading