- McKibben's "The End of Nature"
- After the election: How do we oppose Trump’s fascism and move forward?
- Absolute Negativity, Occupy and Situationists
- Marx's Humanism today
- Violence 'normalized'
- Censorship: China and Facebook
- Global warming, concepts of development, and capital's momentum
- In Memoriam: John Alan/Allen Willis
- Bosnian genocide 20 years after
- Django Unchained
Monthly Archives: April 2014
Readers’ Views from the March-April 2014 issue of News & Letters, part 2. Continue reading
Readers’ Views from the March-April 2014 issue of News & Letters, part 1. Continue reading
Cops beat deaf man in Hawthorne, Calif.; Assad’s forces torment man with Down Syndrome in Syria; South Carolina abuses mentally ill prisoners; disabled Chicago woman illegally evicted. Continue reading
People shared stories about their experiences with Medicaid, the minimum wage, disability rights, and talked about the importance of seeing the human side of issues. The only things the legislators would say was that “revenues were the problem.” Continue reading
Few people relish pollution tourism and fewer still can so appropriately express their disgust and delight as Andrew Blackwell in “Visit Sunny Chernobyl: And Other Adventures in the World’s Most Polluted Places.” Continue reading