- Reading Marx’s Critique of the Gotha Program
- Marx on directly social labor
- Marxism and the U.S. Civil War
- November-December 2013 News & Letters online
- Revolutions in Tunisia, Egypt and Libya shake world order
- World in View: Famine in North Korea
- A divided Canada
- Fanon and Marx
- Red Onion prisoners STRIKE!
- Canada’s First Nations against fracking
Tag Archives: ACA
From the September-October 2014 issue of News & Letters: Workshop Talks: Nurses vs. Kaiser Contract bargaining has begun between the California Nurses Association and Kaiser Permanente. CNA has steadfastly rejected management’s demand to hold negotiations in closed sessions….
The war against birth control is a war against the idea that women are actually human beings who have a right to control their fertility and plan when and if to have a child. Continue reading
Reliance on metrics in healthcare has become a new Taylorism, or management by time study. Everything in the hospital workplace is now tracked by sophisticated computer programs, down to every last pill, gauze and penny, and down to every last motion. This vast pool of information becomes Big Data. Continue reading
On Jan. 6, RNs from the California Nurses Association (CNA) picketed a new state-of-the-art facility at Kaiser Oakland to protest increasing restrictions on access to care while decreasing frontline care staff. The opening was timed to coincide with the implementation of the Affordable Care Act (ACA). Continue reading