- Los Zapatistas y los padres y estudiantes de Ayotzinapa: Una unión decisiva
- Özgecan Aslan: Sexual assault and murder in Turkey spark widespread outrage, demonstrations
- Detroit 1967: 'Law and order' from the barrel of a gun
- Marxism and the U.S. Civil War
- McKibben's "The End of Nature"
- Is Black education related to freedom?
- Hazel Johnson, environmental justice and freedom fighter
- La escuelita zapatista (Zapatista Little School)
Tag Archives: Israel
As it becomes more commonplace to openly criticize Israeli apartheid and occupation, peace activists, human rights workers and even people who have publicly criticized the state of Israel are deemed a security risk, deported and banned from entering Israel for 10 years. Continue reading
Women worldwide, March-April 2014: Sexism in chemistry profession; Shulamit Aloni; Nadezhda Tolokonnikova and Maria Alyokhina of Pussy Riot. Continue reading
Tens of thousands of African asylum seekers demonstrated in Tel Aviv calling for “Freedom!” for the refugees detained in a Negev desert facility under Israel’s new anti-immigrant laws. Continue reading
The mass protests in Turkey, the presidential election in Iran and, above all, the continuing struggle for the Syrian revolution express the depth of today’s social crisis. These crises are interpenetrated and inseparable. The stakes are high. Continue reading
Russian repression of Pussy Riot supporters; Ethiopian Jewish refugee women in Israel given Depo-Provera without their consent; Danica Patrick Continue reading
Now off the press: The Crossroads of History: Marxist-Humanist Writings on the Middle East by Raya Dunayevskaya
From the new January-February 2013 issue of News & Letters: Now off the press: The Crossroads of History: Marxist-Humanist Writings on the Middle East by Raya Dunayevskaya Excerpts from the Foreword: Nobody, least of all Marxists, foresaw the great historic … Continue reading