- McKibben's "The End of Nature"
- Pelican Bay SHU on hunger strike
- Indignant Heart and Charles Denby's self-development as worker-editor
- After the election: How do we oppose Trump’s fascism and move forward?
- Fighting 50 years after the pill / ella approved
- Harriet Tubman and the Civil War
- Arabic translation of Marxism and Freedom available on pdf
- Bosnian genocide 20 years after
- Fanon and Marx
- Hazel Johnson, environmental justice and freedom fighter
Tag Archives: Joseph Stalin
Revolution and counter-revolution contend now, while the prolonged global capitalist economic crisis refuses to end. The question arises: where is the needed banner of total uprooting of the system and creation of new human relations as the goal? This objective need is present in every struggle from outright revolution in the Middle East to movements in the U.S. Beset by attacks and contradictions, they have in turn sparked counter-revolutions. Continue reading
In Ukraine, an unexpected eruption of mass struggle led to the overthrow of Ukraine’s corrupt, oligarchic, and ultimately murderous President Viktor Yanukovych. In Bosnia, at the same time, massive, nationwide discontent with the corrupt system left in place when the 1995 Dayton Accords partitioned the country has led to the equally unexpected creation of new forms of democratic organization. Continue reading
From the new July-August 2013 issue of News & Letters: From the Writings of Raya Dunayevskaya: In 1953 Russian slave laborers in Vorkuta acted ‘Russia more than ever full of revolutionaries…’ Editor’s note: July-August marks the 60th anniversary of … Continue reading
Escape from Camp 14 is the story of Shin Dong-hyuk, the only person born in a North Korean slave labor camp to escape, doing so at the age of 23 in 2005. Shin’s life is testament to the putrid essence of that militarized, state-capitalist totalitarian society. Continue reading
Newly posted on the Marxist Internet Archive, transcribed by Kevin Michaels: Where Is Russia Going? by Raya Dunayevskaya, from the March 30, 1956, issue of News & Letters. Since the recent 20th Congress of the Russian Communist Party, the capitalist … Continue reading