- McKibben's "The End of Nature"
- Hazel Johnson, environmental justice and freedom fighter
- Indignant Heart and Charles Denby's self-development as worker-editor
- Bosnian genocide 20 years after
- Django Unchained
- Violence 'normalized'
- New biographies reflect Karl Marx's todayness
- Harriet Tubman and the Civil War
- In ecosocialist debates on Marx and Malthus
Tag Archives: New York City
Official Call for national gathering of News and Letters Committees to work out Marxist-Humanist perspectives for 2015-2016 Continue reading
From the September-October 2014 issue of News & Letters: Reports of demonstrations in New York, Chicago, Kansas City, Oakland, Los Angeles. Read the report from New York: NYC police murder Eric Garner
From the September-October 2014 issue of News & Letters: Reports of demonstrations in New York, Chicago, Kansas City, Oakland, Los Angeles. Read the Chicago report here: From New York to Ferguson, stop killer cops!
Rallies and protests were held at over 30 New York City schools on the first day of state-enforced mandatory standardized English language testing. Continue reading
When driver Jairo Reyes was fired by UPS at one of its Queens locations, 250 drivers did what any class-conscious union member would do: a protest rally demanding that Reyes be rehired. UPS fired all 250 workers. Continue reading
From the January-February 2014 issue of News & Letters: Readers’ Views, Part 1 THE SYRIAN REVOLUTION AS TEST OF WORLD POLITICS I have been active in a number of student groups around labor and women’s issues. We always talk about … Continue reading