- McKibben's "The End of Nature"
- Pelican Bay SHU on hunger strike
- Indignant Heart and Charles Denby's self-development as worker-editor
- After the election: How do we oppose Trump’s fascism and move forward?
- Fighting 50 years after the pill / ella approved
- Harriet Tubman and the Civil War
- Arabic translation of Marxism and Freedom available on pdf
- Bosnian genocide 20 years after
- Fanon and Marx
- Hazel Johnson, environmental justice and freedom fighter
Tag Archives: Obamacare
Readers’ Views from the March-April 2014 issue of News & Letters, part 1. Continue reading
Obamacare responds to a serious problem, yet is a needlessly complex scheme that subsidizes insurance companies and has objectionable features. Continue reading
That a minority faction of one party in one chamber of one branch of the U.S. government could pose a grave threat to the world economy reflects the depth of the capitalist crisis. The sheer nihilism of that Tea Party faction reflects the depravity of American racism, which, as Patrick Buchanan threatened, would not hesitate to “bring down like Samson” the world around it. Continue reading