- Hazel Johnson, environmental justice and freedom fighter
- Indignant Heart and Charles Denby's self-development as worker-editor
- After the election: How do we oppose Trump’s fascism and move forward?
- Frantz Fanon and women's liberation
- Marx's Humanism today
- New biographies reflect Karl Marx's todayness
- Reading Marx’s Critique of the Gotha Program
- Global warming, concepts of development, and capital's momentum
- Bosnian genocide 20 years after
- Violence 'normalized'
Tag Archives: Oscar Grant
From the September-October 2014 issue of News & Letters: Reports of demonstrations in New York, Chicago, Kansas City, Oakland, Los Angeles. Read the report of the Kansas City demonstration for Michael Brown: Kansas City for Michael Brown
Participant reports from Trayvon Martin demonstrations in Los Angeles, Oakland, Chicago, Raleigh, and New York. Continue reading
From the January-February 2013 issue of News & Letters: Oscar Grant remembered On New Year’s Day 2013 Oscar Grant’s mother, Wanda Johnson, spoke to about eighty people gathered for a vigil at Fruitvale BART station in Oakland, Calif., site of … Continue reading
From the November-December 2011 issue of News & Letters: Remember Oscar Grant Oakland, Calif.—The Oscar Grant Committee held its first public forum on Sept. 13 at the main hall of Niebyl-Proctor Marxist Library to a packed audience of activists and … Continue reading