- Hazel Johnson, environmental justice and freedom fighter
- Indignant Heart and Charles Denby's self-development as worker-editor
- After the election: How do we oppose Trump’s fascism and move forward?
- Frantz Fanon and women's liberation
- Marx's Humanism today
- New biographies reflect Karl Marx's todayness
- Reading Marx’s Critique of the Gotha Program
- Global warming, concepts of development, and capital's momentum
- Bosnian genocide 20 years after
- Violence 'normalized'
Tag Archives: Paul Ryan
Draft for Marxist-Humanist Perspectives, 2014-2015: From the U.S. to Ukraine, crises and revolts call for philosophy. II. Revolt and retrogression at home. A. Women under attack. B. Many dimensions of revolt Continue reading
From the September-October 2012 issue of News & Letters: Readers’ Views, Part 1 CAPITALIST CRISIS AND REVOLT I appreciated Franklin Dmitryev’s Lead article in the July-August N&L, on “Spain, Greece, Europe: Capitalist crisis and revolt,” for showing how the so-called … Continue reading
From the September-October 2012 issue of News & Letters: Woman as Reason Retrogression’s stench by Terry Moon Everyone has heard—and a great many rightly condemned—the unconscionable statement by Missouri Republican Congressman and Senate hopeful Todd Akin: “from what I understand … Continue reading
Lead article from the new September-October 2012 issue of News & Letters: Reactionary U.S. election shows capital’s contradictions by Ron Kelch “We built it!” roared the delegates at the Republican Party convention in Tampa. It was the perfect expression of … Continue reading