- Reading Marx’s Critique of the Gotha Program
- Abortion victory is won in Mauritius
- In Memoriam: John Alan/Allen Willis
- New biographies reflect Karl Marx's todayness
- Hazel Johnson, environmental justice and freedom fighter
- Review: David Harvey on capitalism's crisis
- Women World Wide, September-October 2011
- India's Modi: 'free market' authoritarian
- Marx on directly social labor
- From Trump’s trashing of women to #MeToo: Which way forward for women’s liberation?
Tag Archives: pragmatism
On Greece and Syriza: Against the inhumanity of austerity, we pose the fullness of human liberation!
The electoral victory of Greece’s Syriza represents resistance to brutal austerity. Alarms are raised by Syriza’s alliance with the racist, theocratic Independent Greeks party. Continue reading
From the new March-April 2013 issue of News & Letters: Lincoln and ‘The Abolitionists’ The 150th anniversary of the Civil War, and of the Emancipation Proclamation in particular, has a lot of people talking about that history and race relations … Continue reading
Lead article from the new September-October 2012 issue of News & Letters: Reactionary U.S. election shows capital’s contradictions by Ron Kelch “We built it!” roared the delegates at the Republican Party convention in Tampa. It was the perfect expression of … Continue reading