- Reading Marx’s Critique of the Gotha Program
- Bosnian genocide 20 years after
- McKibben's "The End of Nature"
- Harriet Tubman and the Civil War
- Occupy defies attacks
- Violence 'normalized'
- World in View: South Africa's 'Class Apartheid'
- South African shack dwellers: 'a new social movement'
- Fanon and Marx
- Sudan’s Arab Spring
Tag Archives: Rekia Boyd
From the September-October 2014 issue of News & Letters: Reports of demonstrations in New York, Chicago, Kansas City, Oakland, Los Angeles. Read the Chicago report here: From New York to Ferguson, stop killer cops!
Nationwide protests erupted immediately after the outrageous July 13 acquittal of George Zimmerman for murdering 17-year-old African-American high school student Trayvon Martin last year. Within three days, thousands of protesters came out in dozens of cities, and a new group called the Dream Defenders began a 31-day occupation of Florida Gov. Rick Scott’s office. Continue reading