- McKibben's "The End of Nature"
- After the election: How do we oppose Trump’s fascism and move forward?
- Absolute Negativity, Occupy and Situationists
- Marx's Humanism today
- Violence 'normalized'
- Censorship: China and Facebook
- Global warming, concepts of development, and capital's momentum
- In Memoriam: John Alan/Allen Willis
- Bosnian genocide 20 years after
- Django Unchained
Tag Archives: robots
Ongoing national strikes and demonstrations by fast food workers demanding a $15 an hour living wage show that workers’ reality is not the media-touted economic “recovery” enjoyed by the super-wealthy finance capitalists. In real life the 2008 depression drags on. In a punitive move, Congressional Republicans wouldn’t even allow a vote for long-term unemployment benefits to continue, in spite of the record 1.7 million, or 37% of the officially unemployed, who have been out of work for six months or longer. Previously, a rate anywhere near this was called an emergency, compelling an automatic extension of benefits. Continue reading
News & Letters, Vol. 57, No. 6 November-December 2012 You may view this issue of News & Letters in pdf form here Lead Obama’s re-election doesn’t end clash of two worlds The two worlds of the rulers and the ruled shone through … Continue reading